The Make in India initiative, in particular, aims to make India an integral part of the global supply chain. Key focus sectors such as defence, railways, construction, insurance, pension funds and medical devices have all been rapidly opened up for Foreign Direct Investment. The Government of India has also taken up a series of measures to radically improve its ‘Ease of Doing Business’ ranking. With an objective to make the regulatory environment easy and simple for business to flourish, the Government has effectively used technology to converge and integrate different departments. 14 services are integrated within the ‘eBiz portal’, which will function as a single window portal for obtaining clearances from various government agencies.
What to expect from Mumabi make in india week:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has kickstarted ‘Make in India Week’ in Mumbai on Saturday at MMRDA grounds in Bandra-Kurla complex, a flagship event designed to impart greater momentum to the initiative to boost the manufacturing sector in the country. While addressing the audience he said that 65% of Indian population is under age of 35 and they are the greatest strength of the country.
He further said that ‘Make in India’ is an easy place to do business. “Our FDI inflow has gone by 48% since the day my government came into office,” he added.
Lots of events planned all through the week to promote make in india, from exhibitions to hackathons, check the section events planned
Make in India has already created a strong impact ,Here are some appreciation and awards
- India is now 1st amongst the world’s fastest growing economies (Source: International Monetary Fund)
- India is 1st amongst the world’s topmost greenfield FDI destinations, January-June 2015 (Source: Financial Times, FDI Markets)
- India is 1st amongst the 100 Countries in the growth, innovation and leadership index. (Source: Frost & Sullivan)
- India is 1st amongst the world’s fastest growing economies in both 2016-2017. (Source: WESP Report 2016, United Nations)
- India is the 1st choice for technological MNCs to set up R&D centres outside their home countries. (Source: Zinnow Management Consulting Report)
- India is the 7th Most valued nation brand in the world. (Source: Brand Finance)
- India is 1st amongst the world’s most attractive investment destinations. (Ernst & Young – 2015 India Attractiveness Survey)
- India is now 1st amongst 110 investment destinations polled globally. (Foreign Policy Magazine, Baseline Profitability Index, 2015)
- India is amongst the top 10 investment destinations. (Source: World Investment Report 2015, UNCTAD)
- India’s rank jumped 12 places on the ‘Ease of Doing Business’ 2016 list. (Source: World Bank)
- India moved 16 places on the Global Competitiveness Index 2015-16. (Source: World Economic Forum)
- India has recorded 35% Growth in FDI Equity Inflows. (Source: Department of Industrial Policy & Research)
While JNU and anti national forces are busy breaking india, it will be unfair to ignore modi’s is make in india campaign.