17 year old Hindu boy from Delhi’s Chandni Chowk missing ever since the attack on Lal Kuan Durga temple, parents claim he was abducted by Muslim mob

On Monday night, a violent mob had attacked a Hindu temple situated in Chandni Chowk area of Delhi. The temple was brutally vandalised, not even the sacred idols were spared. The incident triggered communal tensions throughout the entire Chandni Chowk, something which is yet to be completely defused.

And now, the newly enerhibg reports suggest that during the attack on temple, one Hindu bog was also abducted allegedly by the attacking mob. And despite more three days having past the since the incident, the boy still remains missing. The parents of the boy, who is just 17 years of age, are very skeptical about his safety.

Speaking to Organiser, the parents of the boy have alleged that the group of Muslims who attacked the temple, barged into their place and abducted their son after creating an atmosphere of terror. Sangeet Saxena (name changed) was abducted from the vicinity of the temple, where the family lives.

“My son is a teenage boy. Still, they beat him up very badly. Despite my strong resistance, they took him away and I do not know his whereabouts,” Sangeet’s mother told Organiser.

“We have searched for him everywhere but could not find. His phone is also switched off. I filed a petition at the Hauz Qazi police station but they did not act upon it promptly,” she added.

The Hauz Qazi police have confirmed to Organiser that they have received a complaint and they have launched an FIR. “The probe is on and we will soon find out the whereabouts of the boy,” an official told to Organiser.

The entire area of Lal Kuan is under tight police security. Strong contingents of Delhi Police and paramilitary personnel armed with anti-riot gear have been deployed in the area. Police barricades were also put on the main road at Lal Kuan. The local traffic is also partially blocked. Half of the shops, mainly the ones that owned by Hindus, remain shut. The residents were asked to remain indoors until the situation was brought under control.