Mr Sanjay Leela Bhansali if I make a movie a decade later showing this accomplished director was a drug addict and used to beat his co actors on sets of course with a disclaimer that this movie is a work of art and changes have been made to characters but use the name Sanjay Leela Bhansali
How will you feel?
Sanjay Leela Bhansali was born in the year 1963 in Mumbai. He was a student of Film and television Institute of India, from where he was thrown out after a spat with the institute’s director.
Bhansali is also the only filmmaker who couldn’t be bothered with authenticity, accuracy and other such yardsticks when it comes to creating cinema.
He is the only filmmaker who could not only take Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s much-loved parable Devdas and give it a saas-bahu serial makeover in the name of creative license. After all, in the dozen odd adaptations of the novel no one could come with the idea of putting Chandramukhi and Paro in the same space, at the same time and heck even make them dance the same steps.
It’s rather unfortunate that the legend of Peshwa Bajirao, something that possessed all the right ingredients needed for a truly great film, ended up falling short in the hands of the one filmmaker who had the right credentials to take it to the next level.
Facts distorted in Bajirao Mastani
The limits of fiction?
Though Sahasrabudhe acknowledges that the romantic aspect of the story was a later invention, she still thinks there is a limit to how far imagination should go.
“In the name of fiction, you cannot show something that is non-cultural, non-historical and disgusting,” she said. “Sanjay Leela Bhansali has put a statement that this is fiction – then he should not use their real names. Otherwise how can you claim anything?”
Fate of padmavati
Now after opposition to his latest movie Bhansali again giving FOE and work of art as an excuse. Bollywood fraternity standing behind this director like never before say that Art is in danger. Their excuse ” when you don’t even know the script how can you react”
My simple question to them. Can we trust Bhansali when he has distorted two legends Devdas and Bajirao? What tomorrow he gets away writing disclaimer and portray all vulgar facts on his lavish sets?
Now lets get down to facts of Sanjay Bhansali contribution to society. With films earning unlimited wealth the estimated wealth of this director is
NET WORTH 2016 – 112 MILLION $
However in name of contribution to society his financial contribution limited to extending a compensation of over Rs 20 lakh to the family of a worker, who was killed in a mishap on the sets of his next film “Padmavati”.
In the name of social welfare he has hardly made any movies giving some message to society or national interest.
- While he can afford almost every luxury of life, Nana Patekar still chooses to live in a 1 BHK apartment with his mother.
- He had made a generous donation of 15,000 rupees per family to almost 62 families of the farmers who committed suicide in Marathwada region. He himself visited around 112 farmers’ families in Marathwada.
- His Organisation now plans to connect with 700 more in the areas of Nagpur, Latur, Hingoli, Parbani, Nanded, Aurangabad, etc.
- His foundation has already successfully managed to collect Rs. 22 crores from the people for farmer welfare. The major aim of the foundation now is to fill back the dried lakes and rivers in order to provide safe drinking water to farmers and their families.
- Actor Nana Patekar personally went to the seats of farmer widows and handed over cheques of Rs. 15,000 in a small hall in Latur, Marathwada. When there was a power failure for 5 minutes, people turned on the torch on their phones so that Nana Patekar could continue to distribute cheques.
- Explaining his involvement and contribution towards the cause, Nana Patekar told media: “Marte damm tak jeene ki vajah mil gai hai mujhe.” (I have found a reason to live, till I die.)