Delhi: Days after Airhostess jumps from terrace, Dowry death case registered

Two days following a 39-year-old airhostess, Anissia Batra, professedly dedicated suicide by hopping off the porch of her Panchsheel Park resident, relatives affirmed she was killed by her husband. Remaining outside Hauz Khas police headquarters on Sunday, they asserted her better half, Mayank Singhvi, took her to Max Hospital, where she was “pronounced brought dead”.

  • Annissia was airhostess in Lufthansa airlines.
  • ‘We are talking with the worker who has seen the incident’, Police.
  • Her family affirmed the post-mortem wasn’t ‘videographed‘.
  • Police has registered case of dowry.

On Saturday night, police had recorded a FIR under IPC Segment 304B (Dowry death) but are yet to make a capture. Agent Official of Police (south) Romil Baaniya told TheIndianExpress, “After we got a grumbling from the victim’s family that her husband would annoy her, we documented a FIR under IPC segment 304B. Since it’s been under a long time since they got hitched, a SDM request has been started.”

A police source revealed to The Indian Express that they are talking with “a worker adjacent who cases to have seen the occurrence”. The FIR claimed Anissia was being abused since the beginning of her marriage, with “marks on her body when she came back from her honeymoon”.

On June 27, Anissia’s dad, a retired Army major, had recorded a grievance at Hauz Khas police headquarters communicating worry for her security, before he exited for Chandigarh.

Anissia’s sibling Karan claimed, “She got hitched in 2016, Her better half attacked her on a few events, he even hit our mom once. My family incidentally moved to Delhi from Chandigarh for her. They needed to leave on June 27 for a medical emergency and documented that protest.” Anissia’s fellow-worker and a friend guaranteed they got messages from her around 4 pm on Friday, saying she was finishing her life in light of conjugal conflict, and that she had been “bolted inside the room” by him.

A friend of the victim guaranteed, “I met her half a month prior, she was worried… There were wounds and scratches on her arms.” The family affirmed the post-mortem wasn’t “videographed as requested by the SDM”. Reacting to the claim, DCP Baaniya stated, “The doctor’s facility did not videograph the post-mortem, but rather we are prepared to complete it again once the family supports.” The spouse was not accessible for input.