Here are the news items that should have been in news in the last week. These news items should have dominated the media debates, breaking news scrolls, etc. throughout the week. BUT!! Media was busy trying to create a communal problem in India.
We are bringing these news items to you so that you can understand that a lot of good things are going on in India. Most of these things are going on while you never even hear about it.
Satyameva Jayate has been bringing these news items to you for a long time now and we will continue doing so.There was a small break in between but we received several feedback’s to restart the same.Do give us your feedback on this:
- Haryana starts direct bank transfer for land acquisition : In a bid to ensure transparency and check corruption in the urban development authority, the state government has decided to credit compensation directly in bank accounts of landowners when their property is acquired by Huda. Read more at
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20 : Poor quality of food and over charging are big concerns while traveling by train. No more! IRCTC has set up Jan Ahaar Cafeterias at Railways Stations of Indian Railways all over the country for providing Janta meal at less than Rs 20. Read more at
- Government To Make LPG Available To All In 3 Years : Government on Friday (01 January) declared 2016 as the ‘Year of LPG Consumers’ while unveiling plans to make the clean cooking fuel available to all households by end of 2018 and roll out online bill payment facility and transparent gas cylinders. Read more at
- India beats China on GDP growth in ’15; may grow 7-7.5% in 2016 : Hailed as “the bright spot” in a gloomier global economy, India outpaced China as the world’s fastest growing economy in 2015 and is expected to clock 7-7.5 per cent growth in the New Year provided the reform momentum continues and the business environment improves Read more at
- FDI flow into India jumped by 35% in last 17 months even as world saw slump: Amitabh Kant : Foreign direct investment into India has grown by 35 per cent in the last 17 months even as across the world it has fallen by 16 per cent, a top Union government official said today. Read more at
- Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme gets into Guinness Records: PM Modi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the government’s “Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme” has received a place in the Guinness World Records as the largest direct benefit transfer scheme.”It gives me immense pleasure to announce that the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme has recently found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records and it has been implemented successfully,” he said during his monthly radio address ‘Mann Ki Baat’. Read more at
- Tweet for help on police page may become FIR : A 32-year-old man’s plea for help on the Mumbai Police Twitter page might become the first such tweet to be converted into an FIR.Sitesh Ganekar, a resident of Versova, on Thursday tweeted that he has been duped by one Mukesh Munda, who promised him a merchant navy job in Jakarta and took Rs 65,000 from him. The incident, he said, has left him stranded in the Indonesian capital. Following this tweet, the Mumbai police have sought help from the ministry of external affairs, which in turn is likely to seek help from Interpol and its Jakarta embassy to help Ganekar. Read more at
- PM Modi backs creative heads in the country, talks about Startup India, Standup India : If everything goes as planned, you never know if India beats Silicon Valley in having more number of startups as the country has the backing of its Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Modi, during his monthly radio address ‘Mann ki baat’, said he would soon unveil Startup India, Standup India. Read more at