State of States initiative by Satyameva Jayate focus in highlighting best news of 8 states of India last week, which should have hit headlines in all newspapers, but were suppressed by Media and hence went unnoticed. This edition contains special news of investment of $5 Billion in Maharashtra by Foxconn and Kerala being declared as completely Digital State. So here are the updates.
- Maharashtra : Boost for ‘Make in India’: Foxconn to invest $5 billion in Maharashtra
Taiwanese electronics contract manufacture Foxconn Technology is expected to start manufacturing operations in Maharashtra by 2018, top state government officials said.
On Saturday, the company that makes iPhones for Apple and gadgets for many other companies signed a $5-billion deal with the Maharashtra government to set up manufacturing operations in the state
- Telangana : Chinese Mobile Maker Xiaomi Gets Set to Drive Into AP for Make in India Push
Andhra Pradesh is expected to make strides globally through its ‘Make in India – Made in AP’ programme by manufacturing smartphones in the State.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will launch the first Xiaomi-manufactured phone in India in Visakhapatnam on Monday. The programme will also see Xiaomi making some key announcements about its India expansion plans.
- Haryana : Suresh Prabhu announces Rs 8.50 lakh cr investment in Haryana
- Kerala : Kerala declared ‘complete digital state’
- Odisha : Odisha govt approves scheme for providing 24×7 power supply
- Madhya Pradesh : MP government sanctions Rs 2,728 crore to improve higher education
The Madhya Pradesh government sanctioned $430 million (Rs 2,728 crore) under a World Bank Project aimed at improving higher education sector in the state, officials in Bhopal informed yesterday.
An MP state public relations official said that, “The World Bank’s share will be 300 million US dollars and the MP state’s share is 130 million dollars,” adding that it was approved in a state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The cabinet also gave a nod to Audyogik Kendra Vikas Nigam in Indore to develop Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and Domestic Tariff Area (DTA) on 254 acre land available for Diamond Park Project under PPP mode, he said.
- Chattisgarh :Bastar will become Naxal-free soon: CM Raman Singh
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh today exuded confidence that Bastar will soon get out of “clutches” from the menace of naxalism that has infested the region over the past three decades.
- Delhi : All India Institute of Ayurveda being set up in Delhi