Speaking at the ‘5th Update on Ovulation Induction and Fetal Medicine 2016’ a workshop organised by Society of research in reproductive at Residency Club in Kolhapur.
The theme of the speech was bringing Nationalism to the mainstream. And, how to infuse rationalism and Patriotism in Nationalism to take it on the positive side.
Highlights of the speech:
• Love your country as you would love your mother.
• If you can’t be a good individual for your country then you can’t be good to the whole world.
• Importance of “Make in India” initiative launched by the Modi Government.
• The attempts to shoo the foreign investors by giving undue importance to issues like Rohit Vemulla suicide, JNU and the Jat reservation stir etc.
• In colonial times the british used divide and rule policy for strengthening their own empire. Current political establishment in the country also using the caste issues for their own personal benefits.
• Even after 60 years of independence we can’t provide potable drinking water and take concrete steps to ameliorate the drought situation.
• Currently people are forgetting the sacrifices made by our forefathers during the freedom struggle.